The Advanced Visualization Center staff assists students and faculty with the use of advanced technologies for the creation of visualizations for education and research. We also provide training on advanced software applications and data visualization techniques. The center supports the advancement of technology in education with an Ultra High Resolution Visualization Wall, with remote access to USF's High Performance Computing Cluster, a Rapid Prototyping Lab with over 40 3D printers and the Advanced Visualization Student Lab. We continue to explore and develop innovative practices in 3D Modeling, 3D Printing, Visual Graphics, Animation, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Data Analysis and Interactive Applications. The Advanced Visualization Center is part of USF Information Technology, Research Computing.
The Advanced Visualization Center is located at the Physics Building 12010 in CMC 147, across from the lecture hall.
SUMMER SEMESTER HOURS:
1) CMC 147, The Advanced Visualization Auditorium (Seating for 60+)
2) The AVC 3D Printing Lab CMC 153 is open from 10am -4pm Monday - Friday.
3) SCA 222, Visualization Student Computer Lab - Open Monday - Friday 10am-5pm
Rooms may be scheduled via the AVC website "Reservation Form"
You will be contacted once a request has been made regarding
availability & approval.
SCHEDULING: SUMMER & FALL 2017 Semester Classes and Events
Space is filling up fast!
PRESENTATIONS & EVENTS:
(open to all students and faculty)
HANDS-ON 3D Printing Training
CMC 147, open to all students, staff and faculty - (Limit 5 people per session)
Virtual Human Avatars
Open to all Students, Faculty and Staff
TBA - Approaches in Visualization Technology for Research
*TBA - 3D Printing Users Group Meeting *
- Game Development & Augmented Reality
- Building Virtual Environments
- 3D Printing / Rapid Prototyping
- 3D Printing: From Preparation to Print
- Overview of Visualization
- Intro to Animation & Mesh Deformation
- Medical Modeling and Animation
- Unity3D for Research and Visualization
Please Check the Schedule for More Information and Updates